Friday, September 19, 2008

Poem about Motherhood

Current mood: thankful
Category: Life

A friend send this along to me and I really liked it...


"A Father's work is from sun to sun, But a Mother's work is NEVER done." Sure, I love tiny fingers, reaching under the door, as they peek in the bathroom, while lying on the floor. "Mommy, what'cha doin'?" They sing in harmony, "I'll be out in one moment," so they wait patiently. Why do they love to stay close, under foot? Entertained, as they watch me launder and cook? I fall asleep each night with a tear in my eye, for I know we've been blessed and not a day will go by, Without thanks to the Lord, for "I am a Mother," this fills me with joy, unlike any other. Each morning, I await, their faces to see, when they rise from their beds and rush to me. Sure I have my days when I'm tired and feel blue, but I'll never resent my cute little two. "Don't you need YOUR time?" Many have asked. I can't say I do, for these moments soon pass. I've known in my heart they will quickly "outgrow me," so, from one Mom to the next, I offer this plea...Please see your child as a gift from above, and cherish each moment they fill you with love. They look in your eyes with trust and with faith, for you are a hero, that none can replace. The cooking, the LAUNDRY, do seem to add up, but don't let these things make you miss them GROW UP. A prayer and a kiss at night's end, I look forward 'till morning, when it all starts again!!

By Diane Garvis

No comments: