Monday, September 1, 2008

A busy Month Ahead

Current mood: hyper
Category: Life

I am honestly looking forward to this month. I have so much planned and the weather is so nice now! I will be starting to attend Wednesday night activities at the church which include dinner, nursery for Jesse, R.A's for Bryan (its a class that teaches about missionaries) and Women's ministry class for me. Then Sunday Awana's starts!!! I am excited about teaching a class this year but nervous because as of last Wednesday I don't have any help. I will for sure have 5 kids (18 months to 3 years old) and I NEED a helper!!!

Bryan is doing pretty well at school but is still way ahead of what they are teaching. The teacher has just started the book work with them and he loves what the school calls "Specials". The Specials rotate on a daily basis and they have 2 specials a day which include Library, Music, Art, PE and Computers. So far Bryan loves PE, Music and Library. Bryan wants to join the church Children's Choir and will be starting Sparks this year. I am excited about Sparks because it takes them right through the Bible book by book and is a 3 year class. He already has his first verse memorized so he will probably go right into a book.

Jesse is picking up sign language and talking rather quickly now. His favorite words are "ball" and "cool". He likes to color but wont sit for very long and thinks its funny to draw on my table cloth. He has his first Parents as Teachers meeting this Thursday. Parents as Teachers is an organization which gives the parents resources to help them know how to teach their kids and they check up on kids to see if they are where they should be developementally.

Anyway that is about all for now. Chuck is off today so we are planning on BBQing some steak later and maybe setting up the pool for the kids before it gets to cool for them.

No comments: