Friday, April 18, 2008

A surprising start to the day

You probably know by reading my update on myspace how I started my day out! This morning at 4:30ish I was woken up by rumbling and shaking. I sat straight up in bed thinking that lightning struck really close to the house. Chuck got up and walked the house. Well we both went back to sleep and I found out later that it had been a 5.4 mag quake centered in IL.

I knew that we lived near the New Madrid fault but I was told that it onlyhad a few quakes and most people never had felt any! HA!!! Just my luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! There is nothing like that stomach sinking feeling when you hear that rumbling coming. Cameron heard a hilarious quote on the radio the other day. "Southern CA is due for a major earthquake...within the next 30years...5.0 mag or above". We were cracking up about how non-specific that was.

Pat said...

Glad to see your new blog. I found this one easier to use. You just can't get away from the quakes. Hope everything is going well.

Love Dad

Claudete Prestes Fagundes said...

Beautiful kids