Thursday, January 17, 2008

Startling News

I had a Optometrist appointment this morning. It had been 2.5 years since I had an eye exam because our old insurance only paid every other year. Anyway after the exam the Dr told me that I am legally blind in my right eye and barely legal in my left. In fact, he said, I would not be legal to drive in my current glasses!!! I was hoping to get contacts and was told that I would not be able to because of how severe my eye sight is.... but frankly I am just happy that I can see after what I was told! I will be needing (eventually) to have Lasik or I will end up legally blind and not be able to drive. We went over all the financial details of it and it will end up being $1800 out of pocket. We will probably be going through with it next year so that we can increase our FSA amount. But for now I am fine just getting my new glasses.

No comments: