Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer Approaching

So here we are with 2 days of school left in the year and even though I am so excited to have my little ones home and be able to spend more time with them, I find myself worrying about Jesse. He has done so well since starting in the Special needs class that I am worried a break in school is going to make him back track. The school has said that they don't think he needs ESY (extended school year) and that they will be sending a packet home with him with what to work on during the summer. He has just come SO far!!!

I have been so encouraged by friends saying that he is totally a different little boy then he was a few months ago. I see it too. He is talking more, putting more words together at a time and starting to do more social play. Last night a friend was watching Jesse and she said that he actually played with the other kids, took one girl by the hand and held her hand. In fact some one else who was there was surprised when she told her that he is autistic.

I know that he will always be a little different then most kids (besides who set the standard of what is normal anyway...)but with everything going on I can see that he will be just fine no matter what.

God has truly blessed our lives and is teaching us so much about Himself through Jesse. I see miracles everyday in the simplest things because of it!

No comments: